Every opposing player should be thinking, “I want to play for the Bandits”.
The Bandits family includes coaches, players, families and fans. Each are ambassadors of the organization and the city of Oakland. To that end, each is expected to represent the Bandits and Oakland in the best possible light at all times.
- Coaching – Coaches coach, players play, parents support the players and the coaches. Our coaches are extremely experienced and well prepared to coach the Bandit teams. Please let them do their job. We know many of you have coaching experience of your own, but during practices and games please let our coaches be the voices that the players hear.
- Playing time – The coaches will decide on playing time. While we understand that this can be a touchy issue please refrain from approaching the coaches during tournaments or practices to discuss playing time. The coaches are available to discuss any concerns, including those regarding playing time outside of games and practices.
- Positions – Like playing time, the coaches will decide on playing positions. Players are encouraged to seek additional guidance, help and coaching to become proficient in a position they wish to play, but players and/or parents should not lobby the coaches to play a certain position.
- Being prompt – Please do everything in your power to ensure that players arrive at practices and games on time. Plan to arrive at practices 15 minutes early so that the players have time to play and socialize beforehand and are ready to take the field promptly at the designated start time.
- Respecting umpires and officials – Our uniforms and gear all proudly display “Oakland Bandits” and we represent both with the utmost dignity. Please respect all umpires and game officials. Players, parents or fans should never question an umpire or official. The coaches will handle all communications with umpires and officials.
- Respecting opposing teams – Win or lose we always treat the opposing team with respect. Our goal is to have every girl at a tournament thinking, “I want to play for the Bandits”.
- Access to dugouts - The dugouts are for coaches and players only. Please refrain from entering the dugout or talking to players through the dugout fence while games are in process. In the event of an injury, please wait for the coaches to call you into the dugout.